Sunday, July 09, 2017

Swear it all over again

Does it ring any bells? I got to writing about it after listening to Swear it Again by Westlife on repeat. I also happened to watch The Vow, around the same time, so my mind was a little boggled with the idea, concept, theme; whatever explains it well.

Yes, I'm a girl and no matter how strong I put myself forth as, it's very difficult for me to get over the only love I've had in my life. That forehead I loved to kiss, that nose I wanted to bite, those cheeks I enjoyed caressing, that chest I found my refuge in, those arms extended strength to me; that presence I enjoyed, looking at those distracted eyes; his blush when I didn't stop looking at him. He wasn't cheesy but his every gesture, every word had me floored. Not sure if it was the age or he was actually in love with me that had me hooked to him. Not that I want him back but I miss all the things I've had in life and lost it all in a moment of disrespect.

Another side of story is that we reserve irritating mannerisms, itches and most careless words for those closest to us. Letting the guard down shouldn't translate to rudeness and lack of sensitivity. Nobody should be treated as an extension of yourself, expected to understand and tolerate your irritable behaviour. Love, when found, should be caressed, nurtured, taken care of; not to be taken for granted but respected.

The below quote from Midnight in Paris (2011), makes me want to fall in love again. Makes me wish to find a man who's brave enough to make that passionate love to me, where he loses all fear.

"There is nothing noble about dying in mud unless you die gracefully, then it's not only noble but brave. Don't be scared of dying because that's what all men before you have done and all men will do. Have you ever made love to a truly great woman; when you make love to her, you feel true and beautiful passion and for at least that moment lose your fear of death. Love that is true and real, creates a rest from death; all cowardice coming from not loving or not loving well, which is the same thing. Man who is brave and true looks death squarely in the face like some rhino hunters; it is because their love was sufficient passion to push the fear of death out of their minds until they return as sworn men and then you must make really good love again."

No comments:

Post a Comment