Sunday, June 02, 2019

Failure

When do you fail? When you don't succeed at something or when you don't attempt at all?

What hurts the most? Trying and not succeeding or not trying at all?

Failure may be the opposite of success but it doesn't mean if you don't succeed, you fail. You fail when you don't try, when you don't sweat at all. Just like our former President Mr. Kalam said, "Dream is not the thing you see in sleep but is that thing that doesn't let you sleep." If you didn't make efforts to reach your goal, if you didn't take that first step, you're a failure. Then maybe your dream wasn't deep enough, maybe you didn't feel it because it didn't wake you up. It didn't stir your comfort.

And I failed today. I don't even deserve to cry because I couldn't step out of my comfort, couldn't change a thing to achieve what I thought I wanted. But is wanting enough? No, it isn't. I can't blame my circumstances or put it on my destiny that it wasn't meant for me. I believe in destiny but I don't rely on it. I've always gone against the wind to choose my path, make my choices. Had I tried hard, given it my sweat and then if it hadn't worked out, then I had a face to say anything about it. Right now, I can only look down at the ground and go back home, go back to the comfort of the routine. Yes, I had nothing to lose even if it hadn't worked out but guess what, I won't know that ever.

You don't deserve to cry, whine or complain unless you've shed a little blood for your goal. If it didn't make you uncomfortable, you didn't do enough. I never believed in this concept but now I swear by it. I can say it because I saw other faces also, tears in eyes, maybe because they thought they at least deserved a chance to try for all the hard work they had been doing for months or maybe years; but they were denied that opportunity, and I'm sure they lacked somewhere too and that's why they were there standing next to me.

I might have failed this time, at this one but I'll make all the efforts to make the rest of it work. I've had my lesson today, I won't take my dreams for granted anymore, I thought I'm all action but today was a wake up call. I have walked out of my discomfort in the past to make things work and they did. I hope I had for this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment