Sunday, July 09, 2017

Power of thoughts

Our thoughts have a huge impact on our lives. There's a  reason why Paulo Coelho said, "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."
Our thoughts are positive about what we want so all the energy around us, starts working towards making it happen for you. There are so many things in my life that happened as a result of my thoughts, because I see no other rationale behind them happening.

I thought of our breakup and how strongly will I deal with it and it happened; we broke up under circumstances I couldn't go on with; so had to be strong, without a tear ever, smiling; not that it didn't affect me but I couldn't share the reason with anyone . None of my friends got to know about it for about 2 years. I don't believe I would have let it happen otherwise, considering the kind of person I was back then. I was hungry for love which was fulfilled by him, though my need for self respect and dignity took over and we parted ways.

I thought of working with the company that's located not too far from his workplace, which in turn isn't far from his home; and I did end up in that company after multiple rejections.

On a smaller scale, I had an intuition that I'll end up wearing a clumsy saree with curls in my hair to my friend's sister's wedding; and that took shape. Also, I didn't want to go to the stage and somehow unrealistically wanted her to come to our table to meet Mom; and she did.

Probably that's the reason, most of my dreams also come true. Some of them really scare me because they show me what's unknown at the time and it makes sense as the time passes and it turns into reality. For example, when I had a dream of us parting ways, I saw that he has also started working(he started after me, which also lead to a lot of clashes) and has turned ignorant towards me, even when I tell him that I'm hurt, he's occupied with a new colleague until I eventually decide to move on and he still didn't flinch. We never had a chance to explore each other's workplace or get to know each other's colleagues; though when I see his pictures today, I see that girl from my dream in real, with him. Call me a psycho!

What really scares me is what I've been thinking these days. I think of a failed marriage or worse a life alone. I have a feeling that everyone will only benefit from me and eventually go away. Sometimes I also think of having someone around me, who'll take care of me but will never be mine. Thus I always keep myself distant from everyone so I don't get attached to them; because they will all walk away and I'll only hurt myself every time someone walks out.

I definitely see myself as a strong person who will deal with all of it very sternly; however not having someone to share that piece of cake with, in the middle of night, is indeed an idea enough to shake my being.

Every day, when I reach home from work, I decide to sleep before the sun comes up but I can sleep not until the sun has risen giving me not hope but despair of having lost my moment, having missed the dark sky to sleep under my fairy lights. Under all that pessimism, it's very hard to find positivity; when you only have vultures flying over you, waiting for that opportunity to take a piece of you, it's very difficult to believe in the light of love that might guide you home.

Does it make a negative person or a realistic one because I see through people and situations. Answer to it is not an easy one, though giving up is not an option. Belief in love will get it through me, eventually, hopefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment