Sunday, July 09, 2017

Self exploration

If you are feeling unhappy and miserable, know this for certain that it can be changed. You don't deserve such bad experiences. Do not pay much attention to your thoughts, focus more on the fountain of happiness and joy residing within. You will discover this ocean of bliss within if you wholeheartedly seek for it. Go dive into it right now. Life is full of twists and turns. We have to be prepared for the worst and yet have complete faith that one small turn of event can swing everything back in your favor.

"We all fear death and question our place in universe; the artist's job is not to come as despair but to come up with an antidote for this emptiness of existence; don't be a defeatist." - Midnight in Paris, 2011

The only place you can go to for excitement and for sparking innovation is within your mind. Develop a passion and keep the mind engaged, it elevates life from ordinary into the realm of extraordinary. Artists are like children; I'm not an artist, I just struggle to write my thoughts down when it bothers me inside. Sharing your inner thoughts leaves you vulnerable to judgements and outer validations and discouragements. It's a feeling like you took off your clothes to feel comfortable, like a child but what people do to you to shame you in any respect; makes you uncomfortable and it's too late for you to cover yourself back up.

"When you stand against what you believe is right and they ask you to move, plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye and tell them no, you move." - Captain America: Civil War, 2016

Giving in is not an option, in fact never an option. In this self quest, we come across hurdles put up by our own people and it gets so difficult fighting them, fighting for what means to you because they are not willing to understand what's beyond general notion; there always will be a gap that they will never let you bridge on purpose. It feels like standing against your own world.

"Across the broad continent of a woman's life falls the shadow of a sword. On one side of that sword, there lies convention and tradition and order, where all is correct. But on the other side of that sword, if you're crazy enough to cross it and choose a life that does not follow convention, 'all is confusion.' Nothing follows a regular course. Her argument was that the crossing of the shadow of that sword may bring a more interesting existence to a woman, but you can bet it will be more perilous." - Virginia Woolf, quoted in Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

In my self exploration, I've realized that people think they can take me for a ride and they do; not because they can, because I let them. Love me or hate me but you can't get me out of your head. You give me cold and I'll make sure to return the favor with icy cold.

"I'm not suffering, I'm struggling." - Still Alice, 2014

This one has a lot of quotes but each tells my state of mind and portrays my thoughts much better than my own ability to portray them.

(With inputs from Times)

No comments:

Post a Comment