Saturday, November 24, 2018

Marriage Material

I don't know how they define a marriage material girl in this society. But what I know for sure is that I don't fit the bill.

A girl who loves her husband and his family: I can love, I love everyone who's close to me, everyone who's family. Though don't expect me to bleed myself for you. I'm a practical soul which doesn't imply I don't care.

A girl who makes sacrifices: I made many in the past and swore not to make the same mistake again if it keeps my long term happiness at stake.

A girl who stays at home and takes care of it: I know how to take care of my home and also that I don't have to stay at home to take care of it. And when I share it with someone, how can it be my sole responsibility.

A girl who makes her husband's dreams hers: yes, I'll love you with my whole and push you to achieving your goals, however, being an individual, I have my own dreams that I'd like to pursue too.

A girl who keeps her happiness aside for others' sake: How can I be expected to keep anyone happy, when I'm not happy inside.

Guys in our society are not raised to compromise and adjust. Their mental makeup won't allow them to adjust with me. Given these circumstances, I don't think I'll ever be marriage ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment